Enjoying the Weekends

Posted by on October 13, 2013

Hello all!  Well – last week was very stressful for me.  I was a little homesick, first of all.  On top of that, I had too many things to do on my “to-do” list and I had trouble finding time to eliminate them!  So needless to say, by the time last weekend rolled around, I was very ready for it.  And the weekend that I had included perfect unwinding experiences.  Let me share them with you!

First, I went with my classmates to Southern France for the day on Friday.  The little French towns we visited were along the coast, and I’m sure I’ve ever seen places so quaint and picturesque.  The sights were absolutely beautiful – that is really the only way I know how to describe it, because I do not think my words will do it justice!  So I shall share my pictures:

IMG_20131004_230629

On this bridge in Southern France, recently married couples lock these all across the bridge..then they throw the key to the locks into the ocean! I liked this one the best!

IMG_20131004_145022

My glass of wine in Southern France!

Little beach houses

At the coast!

IMG_20131004_215359

The spectacular view from our vista walk.

IMG_2282 IMG_2307

On Saturday, a couple of my friends and I got away with our host families to a vacation house in the country.  It was wonderful to get away from the city and all the people and just do absolutely nothing other than read, talk, and enjoy nature for the afternoon.  We literally just sat outside and soaked up the brisk fall weather in a small valley of the Pyrenees Mountains.  Talk about relaxing!

This weekend was more of the same relaxing things.  I caught up on sleep, got ahead on my schoolwork, and spent some extra time with my host family.  Katie – basically my sister here in Bilbao – and I went to a classy party at the Guggenheim Museum on Friday night.  (Soooooo European, by the way.)  And today we watched a big rubber duck race in the river near Deusto that apparently was a big deal to the locals!  These past two weekends have been exactly what I needed just when things started to get a little crazy over here.  Now I feel rejuvenated and refreshed, which is perfect because I just booked so many trips for November!  I will be traveling to Paris, Rome, and – this just got planned out today – Morocco.  I’m so excited to explore all these places – and of course write about them here so share them with you all!  Hasta luego, lectores!

IMG_20131013_173649

El pato en la ria!

IMG_20131013_003227

Me and Ignacio goofing off!

IMG_20131012_183411

View of the city at night from the Guggenheim Museum.

2 Responses to Enjoying the Weekends

1. rbrazier

I miss you guys too!! I’ll be back before you know it 🙂 Wish you could be here to see it with me, Abby!

2. abby

everything looks so amazing; as much as we are missing you here on campus i can’t get too mad since you are doing so many awesome things!